We are Menomonee Falls Action Team and there are Democrats in Menomonee Falls.
Menomonee Falls Action Team (abbreviated MFAT) is a grassroots group whose members share common Democratic values. We want more representation in government.
WHO WE ARE
- We specialize in talking with Democrats in the Falls and activating them when necessary.
- Our neighbor-to-neighbor conversations about issues impacting the community and daily life result in more informed citizens motivated to participate in our political process.
- Neighbors across Menomonee Falls now realize there are lots of great liberals and progressives around them.
- Our members participate in grassroots projects that improve the community and we regularly promote town hall meetings to join together individuals with diverse interests in collaborative action.
In partnership with the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, our amazing MFAT volunteers helped excite Democratic voters to winning results in 2018, our inaugural year. So far, our work in 2019 has grown the number of Falls Democrats exercising their rights and responsibilities as citizens.
- Our volunteers talked with four times more Menomonee Falls residents about voting in the Spring 2019 election than we did one year ago.
- On April 2nd, more voters who align themselves with our Democratic values showed at the polls than ever before to elect a Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice, Appeals & Circuit Court Judges, Village Trustees, and school board members.
- In Spring 2018, we called and knocked on doors to successfully elect Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Rebecca Dallet.
- Democrats marched for the first time ever in the 2018 Menomonee Falls 4th of July Parade, and we’ll be back this year!
- Menomonee Falls Democrats turned out in record numbers during the 2018 Midterm Elections. Senator Tammy Baldwin returned for another term. A new Democratic administration led by Gov. Tony Evers took office in Wisconsin.
WHY ARE YOU STANDING UP NOW?
The common “why” is because we feel like our government – on the local, state, or federal level – isn’t listening.
We don’t only focus on electing officials. Menomonee Falls Action Team committees advocate for their progressive issues and the entire team stands ready to act when needed.
STOPPING GERRYMANDERING IN WISCONSIN
See the pictures from our MFAT town hall, Fair Elections Need Fair Maps – link 1, link 2, link 3. We were joined by the nonpartisan WI Fair Elections Project and Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. The topic: reversing partisan gerrymandering and requiring fair legislative district maps for the benefit of Democrats, Republicans, and everyone in between.
Announcing soon: We’ll be canvassing voters about the issues most important to them.
For more information or if you would like to join MFAT, please let us know. We need members to phone bank and canvass. If you’re unable to canvass or call, there are many other ways you can contribute such as by joining an issues committee, hosting an event, or making a donation.