Absentee Ballot Assistance
If you need help reading or filling out your ballot or absentee return envelope, you may ask for assistance from anyone who is not your employer or a representative of your labor union. Your assistant may also serve as your witness. Explaining how to fill out your ballot or return envelope is not “assistance”.
With your ballot
– Your assistant must sign in the Certification of Voter Assistance section.
– Your assistant can read your ballot to you or fill out your ballot under your direction, but cannot tell you how to vote.
With your absentee return envelope
– If someone signs your absentee return envelope on your behalf, make sure they also sign in the Certification of Assistant section.
– Your assistant may also serve as your witness.
Correcting Ballot Mistakes
– If you make a mistake while marking your ballot or otherwise require a replacement ballot, contact your municipal clerk. Your municipal clerk’s contact information is listed below.
– If there is not enough time to request a replacement ballot and you have not returned your ballot, you may still vote in-person at the polls on Election Day.
– Different types of voters have different deadlines for requesting a replacement ballot. Please see below for additional details.
5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election
– Regular absentee voters
– Permanent overseas voters
– Temporary overseas voters
5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the election
– Military voters*
– Indefinitely confined voters
- *If the ballot contains federal offices, military voters away from home may request replacement ballots until 5:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Voter Photo Identification Information
– If you have received your ballot, then a copy of your photo ID is already on file or you are exempt from the requirement. You do not need to provide another copy of photo ID unless instructed by your clerk.
– If you have questions about the photo ID requirement, please contact your municipal clerk.
Municipal Clerk Contact Information
Janice Moyer, Village Clerk
Village of Menomonee Falls
State Election Official Contact Information
Wisconsin Elections Commission
Help Desk: 608-261-2028
For voter information, check out MyVote.wi.gov