HOW TO REQUEST AN ABSENTEE BALLOT IN MENOMONEE FALLS AND VOTE BY MAIL
It is easy to request an absentee ballot in Menomonee Falls if you do not want to take advantage of early voting or vote on election day. An absentee ballot is a vote cast by someone unwilling or unable to vote at their official polling station. Due to concerns over COVID-19, many voters are choosing this method as their safe option to cast a ballot.
To find out the last day to request an absentee ballot, see the latest deadlines for the 2020 presidential election.
REQUESTING AN ABSENTEE BALLOT STEP-BY-STEP
- Go to www.myvote.wi.gov
- [If on a computer] Click “Vote Absentee” in the gray bar at the top of the site.
[If on mobile] Click on the menu bar (three horizontal lines) in the upper right-hand corner and click “Vote Absentee”, the bottom option.
- Submit the required information of First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth.
- Hit search.
- Your record should appear with your name and current address along with your registration status. Click “Request Absentee Ballot”.
- Select the relevant boxes to indicate that the name and address are correct. Also, specify if you want your ballot mailed to a different address than your registration address. If you are an active military voter, indicate so.
- Click “Validate Address and Continue”.
- You are now on a page listing the elections you can request absentee ballots for. Pick all remaining elections in 2020.
- On the same screen, select the box that certifies your identity and residency starting with the statement “I hereby certify…”
- Click “Request Ballot”.
- Due to voter ID laws, all voters must present a copy of a valid photo identification before being able to vote. The same is true for absentee ballot requests. So a photo or scanned copy of your ID is required before the clerk can mail the ballot to you.
- Scan or take a photo of your ID and attach it to your application by hitting the green “Add Files+” button. After that, hit continue and complete the application process. The village clerk will send your ballot to the address you indicated between steps 5-7 above. Complete it and mail it back.
PRO TIP: If you request the ballot on your computer but take a picture of your ID with your smartphone, email the picture to yourself. Then download it on your computer and voilà!
IF YOU CAN’T GET THE WEBSITE TO WORK OR HAVE ANY OTHER PROBLEMS, CALL THE VOTER ASSISTANCE LINE AT 608-DEM-3232, or 608-336-3232 IMMEDIATELY. IT IS STAFFED BY ELECTION LAW ATTORNEYS AND A SPECIALLY TRAINED TEAM. OPERATED BY THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF WISCONSIN.
Request an Absentee Ballot by Mail
Complete the Absentee Ballot Request form (PDF) and provide a copy of your Proof of Identification (PDF) to: Village Clerk’s Office, W156N8480 Pilgrim Road, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051. The deadline to apply by mail is 5 p.m. on the Thursday before the election. See more election deadlines here
Request an Absentee Ballot In Person
During open office hours, voters may come to the Village Clerk’s Office to apply for an absentee ballot to be sent to them. You will still need to complete the above PDF Absentee Ballot Request form and show proof of identification.