HOW TO REQUEST AN ABSENTEE BALLOT IN MENOMONEE FALLS
It is easy to request an absentee ballot in Menomonee Falls if you do not want to take advantage of early voting or vote on election day. An absentee ballot is a vote cast by someone unwilling or unable to vote at their official polling station.
REQUESTING AN ABSENTEE BALLOT STEP-BY-STEP
- Go to www.myvote.wi.gov
- [If on a computer] Click “Vote Absentee” in the gray bar at the top of the site.
[If on mobile] Click on the menu bar (three horizontal lines) in the upper right hand corner and click “Vote Absentee”, the bottom option.
- Submit the required information of First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth.
- Hit search.
- Your record should appear with your name and current address along with your registration status. Click “Request Absentee Ballot”.
- Select the relevant boxes to indicate that the name and address is correct. Also, specify if you want your ballot mailed to a different address than your registration address. If you are an active military voter, indicate so.
- Click “Validate Address and Continue”.
- You are now on a page listing the elections you can request absentee ballots for. Pick “April 7, 2020 Spring Election and Presidential Preference Vote”.
- On the same screen, select the box that certifies their identity and residency staring with the statement “I hereby certify…”
- Click “Request Ballot”.
- Due to voter ID laws, all voters must present a copy of a valid photo identification before being able to vote. The same is true for absentee ballot requests. So a photo or scanned copy of your ID is required before the clerk can mail the ballot to you.
- Scan or take a photo of your ID and attach it to your application by hitting the green “Add Files+” button. After that, hit continue and complete the application process. The village clerk will send your ballot to the address you indicated between steps 5-7 above. Complete it and mail it back.
PRO TIP: If you request the ballot on your computer but take a picture of your ID with your smartphone, email the picture to yourself. Then download it on your computer and voilà!