WHAT DOES MFAT DO?
- We specialize in talking with Democrats in the Falls and activating them when necessary.
- Our neighbor-to-neighbor conversations about issues impacting the community and daily life result in more informed citizens motivated to participate in our political process. Sign up for a canvass or phone bank!
- Neighbors across Menomonee Falls now realize there are lots of great liberals and progressives around them. 😀
- Our members participate in grassroots projects that improve the community.
- We regularly promote town hall meetings to join together individuals with diverse interests in collaborative action.
In partnership with the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, our amazing MFAT volunteers have helped excite Democratic voters to winning results, beginning in our inaugural year of 2018. So far, our work in 2019 has grown the number of Falls Democrats exercising their rights and responsibilities as citizens.
- Our volunteers talked with four times more Menomonee Falls residents about voting in the Spring 2019 election than we did in 2018.
- On April 2nd, 2019, more voters who align themselves with our Democratic values showed at the polls than ever before to elect a Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice, Appeals & Circuit Court Judges, Village Trustees, and school board members.
- Menomonee Falls Democrats turned out in record numbers during the 2018 Midterm Elections. Senator Tammy Baldwin returned for another term. A new Democratic administration led by Gov. Tony Evers took office in Wisconsin.
- In Spring 2018, we called and knocked on doors to successfully elect Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Rebecca Dallet.
- Democrats marched for the first time ever in the 2018 Menomonee Falls 4th of July Parade, and our 2019 reprisal showed the Falls that we’re here to stay! This year, we’re adding a presence in the Christmas Parade.
- We mailed over 500 postcards to state and federal legislators directing them to support Gov. Evers’s plan to expand Medicaid, appoint a nonpartisan panel for Wisconsin’s upcoming redistricting so that there are fair maps, and hold oversight hearings on several concerning matters related to the Trump Administration.
- This summer we launched our Breakfast with Democrats in Menomonee Falls recurring event for Dems to come together, eat, and socialize!
WHY STAND UP NOW?
Each of us has a different reason or reasons.
The common “why” is because we feel like our government – on the local, state, or federal level – isn’t listening.
We don’t only focus on electing officials. Menomonee Falls Action Team committees advocate for their progressive issues and the entire team stands ready to act when needed.